Friday, August 7, 2009

Where would you visit if you were me?

Between July and September this year, I've been very lucky to be able to extend my time in Mozambique compared to the two previous years. I'm currently in Hong Kong having returned from four weeks in Maputo. I return there on the 12th of August, and after a couple more hours with the mechanic and after a few more interviews, I'll be leaving on a six week journey to drive around a large chunk of the country.

It should be a rather pleasant way to visit some of the farms, plantations, forestry projects, ports, mines, schools, tourist developments, entrepreneurial and business initiatives and people that make up some of the pieces of the potential prosperity jigsaw. I am greatly looking forward to the trip.
The stubby 4x4 delivery van cum people mover that I've bought for the trip should serve well enough as my home and office for this journey.

I'm looking for access to get in and photograph some of the foreign and local enterprises that have taken the plunge and are busy doing their business. Just about any business of any size could be of interest. Some are classically photogenic and important, like large coalmine projects, agriculture or forestry. Others may be less obviously so, but I think there can be a good photograph taken or insight gained from just about anything people do for a living.

Does anyone have any suggestions of particular businesses, investment projects, agricultural and entrepreneurial initiatives or people that I should not miss visiting?

Do you have any contact details for anyone connected to your most helpful suggestion?

For an explanation of the concept of this book, click this link.
http://mozambiquegoingforward.blogspot.com/2009/08/book-outline.html

Thank you for your time and assistance with my quest.

Colin Beere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Compiling and comparing experiences, ideas and opinions is the purpose of this blog.