Monday, August 17, 2009

The flow of people in and out of South Africa

I had heard that most of the border between Mozambique and South Africa was somewhat informal. However I didn’t expect to see people wandering in and out of giant holes in the fence on the slope directly below the rear windows of the immigration offices at Ressano Garcia the principle border post. This is Wallace To, a 26 year old Mozambican who has lived in Ressano Garcia, for ten years. I interviewed Wallace about his life scratching out a living on both sides of the fence. When I return to Hong Kong I will be looking for papers and articles on the influence of cross border employment on the Mozambican economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Compiling and comparing experiences, ideas and opinions is the purpose of this blog.