Friday, August 7, 2009

Do you have knowledge and experience of Mozambique?

I'm in the process of researching potential photographic subjects and written content to complete a photographic book about the state and direction of modern Mozambique.

I'm trying to find knowledgeable people investing, working or living within a wide variety of sectors and levels of the economy of Mozambique.

If you are interested in sharing your thoughts or experience, I'd be delighted to hear from you. It can be on the basis of an off-the-record background chat or an interview by email, telephone or video call. As I'll be visiting every province in Mozambique before the end of this project, perhaps we can even meet face-to-face.

I'm looking for frank people who tell it like it is, but
I do come from the low-key end of the interview scale. These are complex and important subjects. It's more important to me to get people's best thoughts, best expressed than to throw complex questions at people and expect them to give me their most reasoned and fluent answers on the spot. I'm not just looking for glowing praise but real information about the challenges and rewards of doing business here.

Whenever physically possible, I like to send people their quotes for double-checking. Often I find that people's suggested amendments to their own original answers turn their quotes into something much more concise, organized and powerful. Some people I speak to might
prefer to take a couple of weeks to cogitate and then write a few hundred words about whatever they feel particularly strongly about.

I'm also looking for access to get in and photograph enterprises that have taken the plunge and are here doing their business. Just about any business of any size could be of interest. Some are classically photogenic and important, like large coalmine projects, agriculture or forestry. Others may be less obviously so, but I think there can be a good photograph taken and insight gained from just about anything people do for a living.

Do you know any people, companies, projects or organizations that you think I should consider for inclusion in a book of opinions and experiences regarding the current state and future potential of Mozambique's economy?

For an explanation of the concept of this book, click this link.
http://mozambiquegoingforward.blogspot.com/2009/08/book-outline.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Compiling and comparing experiences, ideas and opinions is the purpose of this blog.